General Terms and Conditions:
Information Requirements; General:
In consideration of use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when requested by the Site, and (b) to maintain and update this information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If any information provided by you is or we have reasonable grounds to suspect it is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service. You agree not to resell or transfer the Service or use of or access to the Service.
ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE (OR PORTIONS THEREOF) AND THE USE OF INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE (OR PORTIONS THEREOF), IS NOT INTENDED, AND IS PROHIBITED, WHERE SUCH ACCESS OR USE VIOLATES APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
This Website is a business and commercial site. Unless otherwise noted on the Website, it is not intended for use by anyone other than authorized representatives of John Hancock and solely to the extent of providing printing and mailing services to such representatives for pension plan related documentation.
You acknowledge and agree that you: (a) must provide for your own access to the Internet and pay any service fees associated with such access, (b) must provide all equipment necessary for you to make such connection to the Internet, including a computer and modem, (c) may be required to download and install additional software plug-ins or applications in order to use certain features or access certain information contained on the Site, and (d) are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID or Password.
Limitations and Disclaimers:
By using this Website, including any applets, software, and content contained therein, you agree that use of the Service is entirely at your own risk. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, SERVICES, UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE. SPECIFICALLY, COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (1) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AND (2) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AFFILIATES, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SERVICE, INABILITY TO GAIN ACCESS TO OR USE THE SERVICE, OR ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY. WE DO NOT SEEK TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION AND YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER, IF ANY, ARE NOT AFFECTED HEREBY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET OUT ABOVE, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, THE RESPECTIVE LIABILITY OF COMPANY, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AFFILIATES, AND CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Ownership and Changes:
Company reserves the right to change any information on this Website, including but not limited to revising and/or deleting features or other information without prior notice. Clicking on certain links within this Website might take you to other websites for which Company assumes no responsibility of any kind for the content, availability or otherwise. The content presented at this Website may vary depending upon your browser limitations. Company does not guarantee or ensure the accuracy, completeness, currency or authenticity of any Website content or functionality, or transmission of any Website content from the Website to you.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures, including encryption, to make sure that your personal information is disclosed only to those specified by you. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot and do not guarantee that the personal information you have entered will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
If you wish to make purchases through the Service, you may be asked to supply certain information, including credit card or other payment mechanism information. You agree that all information you provide through the Service for purposes of making purchases will be accurate, complete and current. You agree that your credit card will be charged when the products are shipped to you. You also agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You also will be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to purchases through the Service. Finally, the prices set forth on this Site may change at any time.
User Conduct on the Service; User Responsibilities:
While using the Service, you may not:
1. knowingly or intentionally restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service; or
2. knowingly or intentionally post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability; or
3. knowingly or intentionally post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by Company) or engage in spamming or flooding; or
4. knowingly or intentionally post or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component (a "Harmful Component") (notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree to continuously use up-to-date, industry standard virus detection devices to ensure that you do not transmit any Harmful Component to the Website); or
5. post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information, software or other material obtained through the Service for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information, software or other material); or
6. upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information, software or other material obtained through the Service which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rightholder; or
7. upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of the Service itself or derivative works with respect thereto, as the Service is copyrighted as a collective work under U.S. copyright laws; or
8. make the Website or your User ID or Password available to any other person; or
9. de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sublicense and create derivative works from the Website; or
10. copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, transmit or use for commercial or public purposes the Website, for any purpose; or
11. download or save a copy of any of the screens appearing on the Site for any purpose unless authorized by Company;
12. use or otherwise export or re-export the Website in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America; or
13. use or otherwise access the Site in violation of any federal, state, local and international laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations (collectively, "Laws"), including without limitation, any Laws relating to consumer privacy rights, consumer protection from solicitation, fair information practices, advertising, telemarketing, electronic communications, SPAM, do not call lists, bulk mailing and advertising-,. the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the applicable stock exchanges and over-the-counter markets.
You acknowledge that various Laws exist throughout the world that regulate, among other items, consumer privacy rights, consumer protection from solicitation, fair information practices, advertising, telemarketing, electronic communications, SPAM, do not call lists, bulk mailing and advertising. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your use of the Service is not in violation of any Law. You acknowledge that Company is, in no way, responsible any such compliance.
Failure to comply with terms and conditions and termination:
Links from and to this website:
You acknowledge and agree that Company and any of its co-branding providers have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided by linked sites. Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement by Company or its co-branding providers of the sponsors of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such sites.
Information in the many web pages that are linked to the Website comes from a variety of sources. Some of this information comes from official Company licensees, but much of it comes from unofficial or unaffiliated organizations and individuals, both internal and external to Company. Company does not author, edit, or monitor these unofficial pages or links. You acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
Data Protection Consent:
Company agrees that all non-public information obtained by us through your use of the Website will be held in confidence by us and will be divulged only to those directors, officers, employees and agents, including legal counsel, accountants and financial advisers, who have a need to know such information in confidence. We will direct such directors, officers, employees and agents to treat such information confidentially and shall advise such persons of the confidential nature of such information. Any publicly available communication or material you post or transmit to us over the Internet is, and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Upon the transmission of any personal information to us, you expressly grant permission to us to disseminate and/or use such information for any lawful purpose.
We reserve the right to monitor your communications with us whether by mail, voice, fax, e-mail or any other form of transmission for the purposes of quality control, security and other business needs.
The Website is controlled by Company from its offices within the United States. Access to, or use of, this Website or information, materials, products and/or services on this Website may be prohibited by law in certain countries or jurisdictions. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this Website. We make no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United States.